Saturday 26 July 2008

bangalore blast july 25

I got up bit late that day, hurried to office to finish off work, it was Friday, 10 minutes after I reach office I get a message on google from my friend informing me about a serial blasts in bangalore, my mind just stopped functioning for a few minutes and I read that statement 10 times and then opened some online newspapers before realising it was true. My heart started beating a bit more faster and more worried, I called my immediate family members and friends some 7000 kms away to ensure they were all safe.

http://www.deccanherald.com/DeccanHerald.com/Content/Jul262008/scroll2008072681032.asp?section=updatenews

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080058856

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080058674

Bangalore along with Mumbai and other major cities in India are always on the hitlist for terrorism as it seems trying to disrupt the normal life in the cities.

I can imagine what was going on in millions of minds back in bangalore and people who have their loved ones in bangalore, it was so disturbing.

I could not work for the next half of the day, but when speaking to one of my friend this is what he said

"I understand that it is sad but we should not worry a lot about these blasts and by worrying we will only support terrors which we should not"

It immediately stuck my brian that the whole intension behind this terrorism and these terrorists are that people should live in despair and thinking of terror everytime, but this statement that my friend made is a complete defeat to their intensions.

My heart goes to the poeple who are affected in these blasts but I have no doubt the people who are behind all these will pay for the wrong deeds in some form or the other.

But the thing is what I can do to stop these or even reduce it remains a question ?

No comments:

Caption of the time

“Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.”