Thursday 22 May 2008

First Win with Long Ashton CC

This week was for the Cricket Kit shopping, after a bit of search I managed to finalise on www.cricketsupplies.com and ordered my Cricket Kit.

Time for another match, at home this time.
After loosing 2 matches in a row this season, we were determined to win this match.

We won the toss and elected to Bat, it was a very slow start initially and later runs started flowing with the opposition bowler contributing more than half of the score at one point, later Ben and James scored heavily and we reached 268 in 45 overs.
I had padded up with my new Cricket kit but didn;t get a chance to bat as we were for the first time this season not All-out.

We had a good score to defend and started off very well with Me and Sam keeping things very tight, there were ocasional boundaries especially few down the third man but we kept going, Sam got 2 wickets and I was very unlucky not to get any, there were as many as 3 catches dropped of my bowling, 2 of them by the Keeper and one in the slips.

I tried hard but luck was not on my side.

As the pressure was building, the visiting team made mistakes especially to the bowling of Milne ( Spin bowler ) and he got as many as 4 wickets and a few more to Lambert and we Won by a Big margin and a win on the board is encouraging for the rest of the season to come by.

No comments:

Caption of the time

“Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.”