Saturday 3 May 2008

Cricket Season start with Long Ashton Cricket Club


Itz summer time and you can't miss out on any bright days here in UK. This summer as you all know I am in Bristol and within a week I managed to find a Cricket club to play for this summer itz called Long Ashton Cricket Club.
http://longashton.play-cricket.com

I was very eager to play cricket the english way after having enjoyed the flavour of it last season, once I got to know that there is a place from the ORANGE internal website, I called the guy who advertised the position the next minute.

It was saturday and off I go to the Cricket ground in Long Ashton.

We lost the toss and were put into bat, I wasn;t much interested in batting but more interested to bowl but I had to wait for my turn, when I told this to the captian, he asked me to bat at No 10 :-). The pitch was a bit wet and so there was very less bounce in the wicket and the opposition took good advantage of this by bowling some very tidy overs and eventually getting rewarded with wickets on regular intervals.

On the other end I was so restless holding the ball waiting for my turn to bowl but it was soon time for me to bat as were already 8 down and I went into bat and got too tempted by the slower one the spin bowler bowled and threw my wicket away, I should have done better than that.

We were All-out for 68 in 33 overs. With not many runs on the board to bowl we wanted to give a decent fight.

We started off well by getting a wicket in the first over that Adi bowled and I bowled some very tight overs as well but because of the target which was a mere 69, the opposition eventually achieved it in 26 overs, I ended up with the figures
4-1-11-0 ( four overs , one maiden and 11 runs given away).

It was sad that we lost but It was a good first experience and I would play some more matches this summer and hope to do better than this..

Until the next match.. bye. and wish me luck :-)

No comments:

Caption of the time

“Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.”